serves / makes 2
10 prep time
10 mins cooking time
Hope you are all having a relaxing Sunday. I’ve been hard at work getting ready for the launch of my first cookbook in print, fingers crossed it should all be ready for me to open my online shop and start selling the book within the next few days. More details to follow as soon as it is ready to ship.
As promised when I posted my recipe for how to make dairy free ricotta, I shared my sweet ricotta recipe on Friday and this is my savoury recipe. I stuck with a traditional spinach and ricotta spaghetti dish that can be made really quick – sometimes the simple recipes are the best.
This afternoon I’m going to have a break from cookbook work and have a shot at developing a recipe for a courgette and bacon tart.
- 200g gluten free spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 125g dairy free ricotta (click here for my recipe)
- 60ml dairy free milk
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet
- Place the olive oil in a shallow pan over a medium heat
- Saute the onion and garlic for a couple of minutes
- Stir in the milk and ricotta
- Simmer for a couple of minutes
- Stir through the spinach and oregano
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir through the pasta